Sidor

Friday, February 19, 2016

African Flower Blanket


I used to only start quick and simple projects. I shook my head at the bare idea of making a blanket in crochet. Well, I just finished my second! 


There is not much to say about it, really. I made African Flower hexagons, and a few half hexagons to make a straight edge. On the long sides I used the same technique I used on my African Flower bag pattern to make it straight, that is starting with sc on the top of the hexagon and increasing the height of the stutches by making hdc, dc as the "V" between the hexagons got deaper. Two rows is what it takes for me to straighten it up. But the corners tend to end up with too many stitches. However, what I make will never be perfect, so I'm still very happy about this blanket.


It's quite a heavy thing, it weighs 1,8 kg, made in Järbo soft cotton with a 4.5 mm hook. But I find the weight comforting, and it's soft and warm. A real winner if I may say so!



3 comments: